Definition of trademark
- Exclusive use of the trademark for goods and services or both upon registration.
- Right to stop other people from using the trademark without the permission of the owner.
- Trademark provides legal protection from imitators trying to profit from the business identity of a registered user of the trademark.
- Trademark is a valuable intellectual property business asset that can be sold or licensed, assigned or transmitted.
- The registered user of trademark may commence legal proceedings for trademark infringement to prevent unauthorized use of the trademark.