In Uganda companies are governed by the Companies Act No: 1 of 2012. Our attorneys have lectured company law in almost all Law Schools of Uganda. They also participated in the formulation of the Companies Act 2012 and published articles in the area of company law. Our law firm is also retained as external legal counsel and company secretary to over twenty companies in Uganda. Our law firm is a consistent contributor to the World Bank Doing Business Report and our contributions on doing business in Uganda have always been recognized and acknowledged in every report. The World Bank Doing Business Report 2016 can be accessed from here.
We consistently advise our corporate clients to conduct their affairs in compliance with the regulatory aspects of company law and general practice in Uganda and adhere to the international principles of corporate governance. We have built reputation as the contact point for individuals and multinational companies considering setting up business in Uganda. Access our guide to establishing a business in Uganda can be accessed here.
As company secretary, we are fully aware of the duties and roles of a company secretary as a general requirement and as stipulated by under the Companies Act No: 1 of 2012 and related regulations. The range of legal services that we provide under company law include the following;
- Company formation, incorporation and registration in Uganda.
- Procuring Business Licences, Permits and Statutory Clearances;
- Company Regularization and Compliance;
- Drafting and filling Company Forms, Resolutions and Notices with the Registrar of Companies;
- Structuring Raising Capital and Equity Transactions;
- Registering Charges and Debentures;
- › Securitising and Registering Debt Securities, Guarantees;
- Company Secretarial and General Counsel Services;
- Chairing Corporate Meetings and Taking Minutes;
- Corporate Director & Corporate Secretary Services;
- Corporate Due Diligence for share and asset acquisitions
- We advise on implementation of changes to corporate ownership structures